Words from our lovely Guests! <3
(Photos below were sent to us by guests!)
Hand written entries from our guestbook…
To book a tour:
call, text, or email
To book a tour:
call, text, or email
What Guests Said on Airbnb…
- You are in for a TREAT with this place. It is seriously the best and so very unique. You can tell that Kelly takes pride in her place and thinks of ALL the details to make it extra special. My husband and I can’t wait to get back here!! It is seriously magical and I think it might be our very favorite mountain Airbnb getaway.
- This cabin is absolutely amazing. Everything was very clean. So many cool places to hangout throughout! Kelly was super nice and helpful, and left lots of tips for restaurants and hiking spots. We loved our stay here! Stay for at least 2 nights if you can! We’re hoping to visit again soon!
- Kelly’s cabin is beautiful and a truly relaxing place to get away from the city! The place is surrounded by lush trees and the only thing you hear is the sound of nature. We enjoyed sipping hot tea outside on the balcony in the rocking chairs. We will definitely be back again in the future!
- We had an amazing time celebrating our anniversary at the Rockwood Cabins! Coffee/cocktails on the rocking chair deck; pancakes on the griddle; songbirds and “Trevor” the squirrel; evergreen-scented breezes; silent, star-filled evenings. Everything was perfect, and Kelly’s boundless hospitality, generosity, and kindness made this trip extra special! I recommend at least two nights at this magical getaway… we miss it already!
- By far the best air B&B I’ve stayed in. Huge, gorgeous space, and everything we needed to have a fabulous time! Kelly was awesome and helped us out super quickly whenever we had questions. Definitely stay here if you get the chance- I know I will be visiting again soon<3
- This is a perfect place to get away to. My family and I loved it. It’s one of the best places we have ever stayed. Our host Kelly is amazing too
- This is a wonderful place to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Where you can sit back and relax in any of the numerous outdoor sitting areas, or the hot tub and enjoy the mountain views. There are many places to sit and relax inside the cabin with plenty of books, games, and puzzles to pass the time away. The cozy fireplace nook was a wonderful place to sit and enjoy a cup of tea and a good conversation. We didn’t get to use the outdoor fire pit area but it was lovely and cozy looking. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook our meals and a dining area where we could sit to enjoy our meals and stay warm by the fire. We look forward to future opportunities to stay at this wonderful place, with such a gracious host.
- This place is amazing! Loved every minute being there. everything was great! Can’t wait to be back.
- Kelly’s place is beyond amazing!!! The pictures were magical, but seeing it in person is unbelievable. Kelly takes great care to ensure the place is in immaculate condition and that the guests are taken care of entirely. I find myself missing this place already and it’s only been 2 days. Can’t wait to book another trip.
- We had such an great stay with Kelly at the Rockwood main cabin! She was warm and kind and very thoughtful. We were looking for a quiet getaway to recharge and celebrate our 7 year anniversary. Kelly had a complimentary bottle of bubbly on ice bedside for us, thoughtful touch! The trees surrounding us were lush and created a sense of privacy we enjoyed. Tthe cabin itself and amenities were truly wonderful. Fireplaces blazing, walls built right into giant stones, plenty of fun cabin reading and old books, even board games… It was the perfect balance between rustic and refined, and the whole place was spotless and dust free. We asked Kelly beforehand if she could wash the bedding with scent free detergent because we are sensitive to chemicals and she happily catered to our needs. I believe she will be washing this way from now on which is a huge plus! I can’t wait to come back and relax soon! Thanks so much Kelly!
- The best Airbnb I’ve stayed at. I will be back here as soon as I possibly can. It’s definitely an experience anyone could appreciate.
- Held up and even exceeded every expectation we had. Everything was amazing! Comfiest beds ever.
- A must do! Kelly is a wonderful host and the property is beyond expectations. We enjoyed every moment. From the welcome to breakfast it was out of the world. Thank you!!!!
- This place is absolutely amazing! It oozes character and charm. I don’t know how to adequately describe this place. It’s a cabin built 1915, but enough updates to never feel uncomfortable. It may not be great for toddlers and elderly as there are a few unusually sized steps that may be difficult to navigate. We have the young kids (5,6,9) and a dog, and it was perfect for us. There are two fireplaces and an outdoor fire pit, tons of places to hang out on the patio and fire pit area. Great little nooks to escape to. This is the first time we’ve gone somewhere and were perfectly content staying in playing board games watching movies and hanging out. This place was so perfect for that. We’ll be back for sure. If your on the fence because there aren’t many reviews yet, then get off the fence and book it! Kelly is very professional and accommodating. Communication was an A+. She loves this place, and it shows.
- I use Airbnb every time I travel and I have never given straight 5 stars until this review. First of all let me talk about the cabin, it is perfect, every single touch is spot on. It is some homely and cosy – the only problem we had was picking which chair to sit in. Second, Kelly is the most charming and caring host I’ve ever had. She was helpful in getting us to the place, then worried about if we needed anything after our long drive. On arrival on a cold wet day, she had all the fires lit and the house was lovely and toasty. She made us a wonderful breakfast and told us all about the house and the area. Our only regret was only staying one night. However if I ever find myself in this part of the world again – I will be looking Kelly up. A little tip for anyone coming this way, is there is a little bar 5 minute walk away which serves food and a little mini market. The shop is good for snacks but if you plan cooking in the cabin I would recommend getting food elsewhere. There is a Vons about 30 minutes away so you can stock up.
- Words cannot fully convey how wonderful this place is, but I’ll try. Kelly is an incredible host, communicating quickly and going above and beyond. She had the space ready with the fireplaces lit and everything comfy cozy when we arrived. The drive up is beautiful and the property is amazing. There is complete privacy and no noise except nature. The space is larger than I expected, and it’s so obvious that Kelly put immense careful thought and love into decorating and ensuring people have everything they could need during their stay. There are so many cozy nooks that the only hard part is figuring out which spaces to spend your time in! There are a lot of sitting areas, with warm, thick blankets on almost every chair. There are plenty of books, board games, the amazing hot tub with a gorgeous view (when the sun sets it turns the sky red behind the fog which gently rolls in). The beds are so comfortable I didn’t want to get up! The kitchen has anything you could need to cook with, and the vintage stove was my favorite. If you cook bacon or pancakes during your stay, use the griddle on it! Everything was sparkling clean, there were wonderful soaps and room sprays all about, heaters anywhere you could want one, and mini fridges in each room (in case you don’t want to walk to the lovely kitchen cabin when it’s cold at night). There were so many thoughtful details I can’t even begin to list them all. I just know this was the best Airbnb we’ve ever been to, and we can not wait to book it again! When you visit here you’ll feel like you’re in a storybook.
- This is BY FAR the best Airbnb I have ever stayed at. This place is epic! Kelly was a very welcoming host and made us feel comfortable right when we arrived. Will definitely be going back very soon.
- Kelly is absolutely amazing. She is so sweet, and truly cares about her business. HIGHLY suggest this place!
- If you are looking something perfectly balanced between secluded and convenient this is it. This cabin is something else, seeing the photos was nice but getting there definitely left me in awe The cabin was immaculate, perfectly clean and convenient, heaters, kitchen, patios and jacuzzis. The cabin was much much bigger than I had imagined and felt much like a labyrinth in a good way, there’s so much to explore within it, finding old artifacts from about 100 years ago when the cabin was first built! Kelly, the owner, really cares about her visitors as much as she does about her cabins and the forest, she is one of the most attentive and accommodating hosts I have ever met in Airbnb. She is really informative about things to do and will reach out of her way to make sure you have a comfortable time. Anyone who is even remotely intrigued by this location shouldn’t think twice and just reserve, it is a special place and hope it is taken care of and preserved for as long as possible.
- THIS CABIN IS THE REAL DEAL. And by far the best AirBnB experience we’ve ever had. Kelly went above and beyond to accommodate us, very inviting, and attentive. She’s just the sweetest! Fast to respond and only a short distance away if needed, while still giving 100% privacy. We could not thank her enough! It was also my Birthday and she left out wine, cupcakes and other treats, which was just so nice and thoughtful! Photos don’t do this place justice, the layout makes this cabin one-of-a-kind, and was much bigger than imagined it to be! Unique, clean and cozy! Everything from the plaid bed sheets, multiple fireplaces, candlelit ambiance, board games, beautiful view, outdoor seating, warm robes, indoor and outdoor hot tubs. There are many amazing details about thing place that you’d really just have to experience yourself. The location is also perfect. Close to the roads but far enough to only hear nature, we only stayed two nights and felt like it wasn’t long enough to explore all this cabin has to offer! If you come across this place and it is available, JUMP ON IT. We also loved how dog-friendly the entire place was! There is a private fenced in patio with a fireplace in the middle. (Sorry again Kelly for forgetting to pick up my girl’s poop outside before leaving, that detail is just eating me up inside!) Thank you again for such a great experience! We hope to return again, one day!
- A wonderful cabin. Nothing short of amazing, perfect for families and small groups. Don’t hesitate.
- This place is amazing. Great value. It’s location is relatively close to all the shops and other areas you’d like to go. Kelly is a sweet and personable woman who cares about the satisfaction of her guests.
- Our experience here was MAGICAL and HEALING . we were truly transformed. Kelly is a decorating genius no detail was spared, right down to the chamomile tea. My daughter who is an artist and I walked around the place for an hour just marveling at the beautiful and comforting touches. I have been all over the world including Europe and Africa, this place is in my top 5 I will definitely return with others to share this amazing place. Kelly made us feel like we were old and good friends Not enough stars to rate this place.
- First of all this really is a magical place. The photos are wonderful, but wait until you actually visit and stay there. the views are breathtaking and the cozy cabin is magical, special and spectacular. But most important, Kelly’s hospitality is absolutely amazing. She thought of everything!!! And the personal touches, decors, and attention are superb. Not to mention she poured her love into this place, and you can feel it. Kelly is such a perfect and lovely host. We will be back again and again (better book our stays months in advance!!!)
- We really enjoyed our stay at the cabins! It is a unique and lovely hideaway in the woods! Kelly has thought of every detail. Whether you want to just relax and unplug or still enjoy some modern conveniences, it’s all there. We hope to be back again soon! Thank you Kelly!
- We loved our trip to the mountains, Kelly was very accommodating and the place was very well- kept.
- Kelly’s cabin is so unique! We were surprised with how bit it is! We loved all the unique architectural aspects and the beautiful, serene setting. Kelly was very hospitable. We can’t wait to visit again.
- Kelly went above and beyond in every way possible. The property is beautiful and interesting and immaculately clean. We really loved that everything was as original as possible but with upgrades in exactly the right places. All of the luxury of a new home with the charm of a 100 cabin. This place is one of a kind!
- Must visit!!!
- This is definitely a hidden gem , the picture don’t do it justice . My girlfriend and I were blown away on how spacious this cabin was . Such a nice hideaway/getaway. We had an amazing time and will definitely be going back.
- We are a family of four who is already counting the days to go back to stay here. It is simply amazing what Kelly creates for others to have such a good time. We were not only in love with the history, charm and comfort of her place but also with all the things Kelly does such as giving lots of information about things to do and places to visit. The cabin is most comfortable and cozy, the beds are amazing, everything was clean and organized. The space offers so many wonderful seating areas inside as well as outside on the many patios to enjoy the surrounding nature. We played games, cooked together and relaxed in the hot tub. Kelly was very responsive and helpful if we had a question, you couldn’t wish for a better host.
To book a tour:
call, text, or email